Friday, February 19, 2010

My new Toy...

So for the past 4 months or so i have been going to the BYU gym to work out... since it is so cold outside so running isn't an option, and i have fallen in love with ellipticals! sadly BYU only has about 4 ellipticals that are the right size for me (stride length and durability) and getting 1 of 4 machines that all of BYU uses can be really tough. I usually only go if i know i can get there right as a class gets out. Sadly that only happens 1-2 times a week with work. so when we got our tax refund samuel bought me this...
we found a used one at a fitness store here in provo for super cheap (they even put it together so we didn't have to), and I LOVE IT! it is really compact so it fits perfectly in our little apartment, and it has an adjustable stride length that can go up to 22! (most ellipticals in the price range we wanted only go to 16 and someone my height needs at least an 18. I personally like 20-21 so it works great!) And now while samuels doing homework i can still be "with him" and do my reading on the elliptical (like in legally blonde as maria and i discussed over the weekend!)

i really blame maria for this one. while we were visiting her i used her nordic track and i had wanted one for a while but kept putting it off. but THANKS MARIA!!

2 comments:

Maria Ash said...

I love it! And I'm so happy you got a good one, you are going to fall in love more with it everyday. It should definitely help with your sleep. And as Reese/Elle would say on Legally Blonde "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." I have always loved this quote!

Anonymous said...

We are coming to Provo to play May 7-10th. Let us know if you want to go play with us. Stacey and Jon. Our blog is up and running again so come visit!